Due to the current health situation with Covid-19 virus Annabel & I have cancelled the upcoming May training in Melbourne to ensure everyone's wellbeing. At this stage all other workshops will be continued to be offered.
Trauma Sensitive Yoga Australia offers a range of trauma aware educational programs. We are now in our seventh year of offering Trauma Sensitive training to yoga teachers and clinicians across Australasia. We offer a range of training options. These trainings book up quickly so if you have any questions please contact us so that you can decide if this program is what you've been looking for. These workshops fill quickly, so if you are keen to attend this training, take advantage of the early bird pricing and book your spot early.
If you are also a Mental Health Clinician and interested in attending the entire 3 day workshop then you might want to check out our 3 day workshop option. 2020 DATES AND VENUES Sydney: Sunday MARCH 8, 2020 - 9.30am - 5.30pm - The Loft and Earth , 1st Floor, 70 Bronte Road, Bondi Junction NSW. Early Bird Closes Sunday February 23, 2020. or Sydney: Sunday SEPTEMBER 20, 2020 - 9.30am - 5.30pm - The Loft and Earth , 1st Floor, 70 Bronte Road, Bondi Junction NSW. Early Bird Closes Sunday September 6, 2020.
Brisbane: Sunday JULY 26, 2020 - 9.30 - 5.30pm - St Colombs Church Hall, 23 Victoria Street, Clayfield , Queensland . Early Bird closes Sunday July 12, 2020.
Melbourne : Sunday MAY 31, 2020 - 9.30am - 5.30pm - The Abbotsford Convent, 1 St Heliers Street, Abbotsford, Victoria. Early Bird closes Sunday May 17, 2020. CANCELLED DUE TO CURRENT HEALTH RESTRICTIONS RELATED TO COVID-19 VIRUS or Melbourne : Sunday NOVEMBER 15, 2020 - 9.30am - 5.30pm - The Abbotsford Convent, 1 St Heliers Street, Abbotsford, Victoria. Early Bird closes Sunday November 1, 2020. WORKSHOP FEE - $195 : EARLY BIRD FEE IS $165 In this one day training workshop you will :
* Participate in a trauma sensitive yoga class
* Understand how yoga impacts on the neurobiology and physiology of trauma
* Discover a new way to understand the nervous system
* Explore the The Zone of Tolerance and its relationship to working with clients in trauma recovery
* Emotional disregulation – recognition and management of disregulation in both yourself and your clients via working with breath and physical practice.
* Discover which yoga practices are soothing and which practices are more likely to trigger reactions in a trauma sensitive yoga class
* Explore how language , the teaching environment and you can impact on a safe environment for clients in trauma recovery
* Discuss how to start a trauma sensitive class in diverse settings and how TSYA can assist you in establishing classes
Who Should Attend: Yoga Teachers – this workshop assumes that the attendees are qualified or soon to be qualified yoga teachers who are interested in trauma sensitive yoga. Participants will receive a certificate of attendance to this one day workshop.
What You Will Gain:
* Connection to a growing network of yoga teachers who are interested in progressing and promoting the benefits of trauma sensitive yoga
* Guidelines to adjust your current yoga classes so that they are trauma sensitive
* Step by step support on how to establish a specific trauma sensitive yoga class
* Knowledge to identify and work with trauma reactions that may arise in class
* 7 CPD hours for your professional association PD requirements- Certificate of Attendance provided
Here Are What Participants Are Saying About The Training:
"Clear, supportive teachings, Opportunities to experience teachings in the body. Enjoyed the learnings and felt very happy about doing the course."
"Absolutely fantastic workshop! I have been waiting for years for the world of psychology and yoga to integrate and I couldn't have suggested such a workshop run by any other teachers."
"Practical, experiential and inspiring."
"Informative, interactive and experiential way to develop professional knowledge." "Knowledgeable and experienced facilitators made this one day workshop informative, useful and inspiring. I feel encouraged to apply these simple yet profound techniques with my students."
BOOK HERE: Click on your city of choice I want to book my spot for Trauma Sensitive Yoga, Yoga teacher workshop- please click on the link that is suitable for you. You will receive a confirmation email immediately on completing your booking. If you don't receive this please check your SPAM file.
TRAUMA SENSITIVE YOGA FACILITATORS FOR BOTH DAYS: Annabel McLisky is a psychologist in private practice in Bangalow, Northern New South Wales, and has been teaching yoga since 1978. She is an IYTA teacher and Senior Tutor in Dru Yoga and Dru Meditation Teacher Training courses around Australia. Annabel is excited that the deep physical and emotional healing enabled by the practice of yoga is at last being recognised, accepted, and valued by the psychological fraternity, and that people with a history of trauma now have the possibility to reclaim their bodies and “to live in the present, without feeling or behaving according to irrelevant demands belonging to the past” (Bessel van der Kolk), through the practice of Trauma Sensitive Yoga.
Shirley Hicks is a practising somatic psychotherapist and yoga teacher, with a private clinic based in the Gold Coast at Varsity Lakes. Shirley has a real interest in how the body carries unresolved life events and how through “talk therapies” the body is often missed. With over 24 years clinical experience she has refined the way in which she supports clients to involve their body in the healing process, drawing on the work of Judith Herman, Babette Rothschild, Peter Levine and Bessel van der Kolk .