YOGA AND THE TRAUMATISED BODY- A 2 DAY WORKSHOP FOR
MENTAL HEALTH CLINICIANS
Trauma Sensitive Yoga Australia offers a range of trauma aware educational programs. We are now in our eighth year of offering Trauma Sensitive training to Yoga Teachers and Clinicians across Australasia.
For mental health clinicians and other allied health professionals there is a two day workshop that supports you to have an embodied experience of the techniques. In this workshop you are encouraged to explore and develop strategies for implementing trauma aware strategies when working with your clients. A very experiential and hands-on workshop.
Don't forget to check out our 3 day workshop option if you are also a Yoga Teacher and would like to attend the entire 3 days. You can make savings across the 3 days.
These workshops fill quickly, so if you are keen to attend this training, take advantage of the early bird pricing and book your spot early. We will be following Covid-19 Safety guidelines that are relevant at the time of the workshop. Should we need to cancel the workshop due to Covid-19 registrants will be refunded the full registration fee less the .50c Trybooking fee.
2021 DATES & VENUES- Please click on the city that you would like to attend.
I want to book this 2 day workshop for Mental Health Clinicians - please click on the link and venue of choice. You will receive a booking confirmation on successfully booking your spot. Please check your SPAM if you don't receive this.
ADELAIDE : Friday March 19 & Saturday March 20, 2021 - 9.30am- 5.00pm - The South Australia Sporting Car Club, 51 King William Road, UNLEY, SA. Early Bird closes Friday March 5, 2021
MELBOURNE: Friday April 9 and Saturday April 10, 2021 - 9.30am-5.00pm - The Abbotsford Convent, 1 St Heliers Street, Abbotsford VIC. Early bird closes Friday March 26.
SYDNEY: Friday June 25 and Saturday June 26, 2021 - 9.30am-5.00pm - The Loft and Earth , 1st Floor, 70 Bronte Road, Bondi Junction NSW. Early bird closes Friday June 11.
BRISBANE: Friday July 30 and Saturday July 31 , 2021 - 9.30-5.00pm - St Colombs Church Hall, 23 Victoria Street, Clayfield, QLD. Early bird closes Friday July16.
WORKSHOP FEE - $445 . EARLY BIRD FEE IS $400.
In this 2 Day training workshop you will:
- Personally experience the embodiment of these practices for your own self reflective experience
- Review the latest trauma research
- Explore a range of simple practices from seated breathing to some gentle bending and twisting that will give you some in clinic tools to use
- Be introduced to a typical one-to-one therapy or small group session
- There will be a lot of opportunity for experiential practice throughout the two days
Who Should Attend:
Counsellors, Psychotherapists, Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Rehabilitation Therapists, GP's , Mental Health Nurses,
Social Workers, Occupational Therapists
What You Will Gain:
- Connection to a growing network of mental health professionals working with traumatised clients
- Guidelines to incorporate these techniques into your practice
- Knowledge to identify and work with trauma reactions that may arise in session with clients
- 14 Hours of Continuing Professional Development- A Certificate of Attendance is provided
Here Are What Participants Are Saying About The Training:
- "Finally a workshop that I believe can help me make a difference in therapeutic outcomes."
- "The workshop is an excellent blend of theory and experience. I leave knowing this stuff in my body and in my heart."
- "It's so pleasing to experience a workshop that has so many applications to my work. It's gentle approach has great relevance to working with Sexual Assault survivors."
- "Totally worth travelling from WA to attend this wonderful training with excellent presenters. Thank you"
- "Powerful experiential workshop which left me with a deeper embodied experience as a therapist and gave me tools that I can use immediately. It was wonderful in every way"
YOGA & THE TRAUMATISED BODY FACILITATORS FOR BOTH DAYS:
Annabel McLisky is a psychologist in private practice in Bangalow, Northern New South Wales, and has been teaching yoga since 1978. She is an IYTA teacher and Senior Tutor in Dru Yoga and Dru Meditation Teacher Training courses around Australia. Annabel is excited that the deep physical and emotional healing enabled by the practice of yoga is at last being recognised, accepted, and valued by the psychological fraternity, and that people with a history of trauma now have the possibility to reclaim their bodies and “to live in the present, without feeling or behaving according to irrelevant demands belonging to the past” (Bessel van der Kolk), through the practice of Trauma Sensitive Yoga.
Shirley Hicks is a practising somatic psychotherapist and yoga teacher, with a private clinic based in the Gold Coast at Varsity Lakes. Shirley has a real interest in how the body carries unresolved life events and how through “talk therapies” the body is often missed. With over 23 years clinical experience she has refined the way in which she supports clients to involve their body in the healing process, drawing on the work of Judith Herman, Babette Rothschild, Peter Levine and Bessel van der Kolk . Her work is also influenced by Ron Kurtz and Hakomi.